Thursday, November 3, 2011

Let's get caught up....

So I haven't blogged in a while. Saying that A LOT has happened would be the understatement of the century. I am actually currently bored to death in class....so we will see how this goes! :)

In August, Michael and I were finally, finally able to go and have our engagement pictures made! It was really exciting for us! Although the day was very humid and my hair was crazy curly and Michael was sweaty, it was really fun and we are BEYOND pleased with our pictures. We LOVE Alyson and the work she does! She was close to 8 months pregnant and she did not let that stop her! You can see a slide show of our pictures on her blog. For family, you can order pictures here. You can see a preview of one of our pictures below!



In the last few months, we have had the opportunity to take care of quite a few wedding things. We met with our reception lady, Barbara, and have decided on lots of things! We know what we are doing for food, decorations, flowers, etc. I have also decided on bridesmaids dresses and colors-for sure...finally!! We have also taken care of the layout of our reception and some other details with that. Michael finally decided on his groomsmen as well. It is very exciting to know that is out of our way now!

Our wedding website is FINALLY finished! You can view it at this link http://www.weddingwire.com/AnneMarieandMichael. Go check it out, meet our wedding party, check our registries, and sign the guestbook! We would love to hear from ya'll!

October was, by far, the craziest month we have had! We had the opportunity to re-take HESI's that we missed due to the tornadoes, in addition to taking our regularly scheduled tests and HESI for OB. Talk about a stressful few weeks! On top of that, our sweet, sweet puppy Tucker was hit by a car. We have had a really hard few days without him and we are hoping for things to get better soon. Please be thinking of us while we are missing our sweet baby!

This semester we have had the opportunity to go to Auburn and Knoxville and that has been great because we really needed to get away from school for a while. We were really glad to see friends and family, and of course, watch some football!

Another exciting bit that I want to talk about is one of my new purchases! Mom and I were in Hartselle taking care of some wedding dress things and we were able to stop by some antique shops and browse around. Thanks to my awesome Mom and Nana, who have taught me well about antiques, I was able to make my first antique purchase---a secretary! I am so beyond excited to add this to our future home and I am blessed that I had great guidance in buying this awesome piece of furniture. Pictures are forthcoming-we will be picking it up to bring home in the next 2 weeks!

This week Mom and I were able to go and choose my veil and headpiece for my wedding day. Very exciting and very surreal. It is all getting closer and more real...I can hardly wait! I am very pleased with my decisions and thankful for the guidance of my mother during this time. She rocks!

There are just a few more things I want to blog about. In the next few weeks we are supposed to be beginning our pre-marital counseling. We are really excited to take this next step in strengthening our relationship and preparing for our marriage and not just the wedding...because after all, the marriage is what really matters! I have also recently started a new job doing research with a nursing professor on campus. This has been an awesome blessing and I am so very excited to have this opportunity!

The final thing I would like to blog about is our future! There are so many uncertainties right now with what we will be doing next semester and when we graduate. Today we have the opportunity to decide where we would like to precept next semester. That is crazy that we are so close to being done! We are also trying to figure out what to do when we are done with school. This could include finding jobs, going to grad school, or taking a nurse residency position. Please pray for us right now as individuals and as a couple as we make some big, and tough, decisions.

I am desperately going to try to blog more frequently...but I can't make any promises! Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later, but we will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment